Aviation LOSA Training Company
Line Operations Safety Audits are non-punitive, proactive safety programs. They are based on peer-to-peer observations of routine operations at:
- Established airlines (Cabin-LOSA and Flight LOSA);
- Aviation maintenance organizations (LOSA-M);
- Proactive helicopter operations (LOSA-H); and
- Ramp operations (LOSA-R).
LOSA provides managers with early warning indicators of developing safety problems.
The basis of any LOSA program begins by selecting and training highly qualified personnel. These highly qualified personnel serve as "observers."
- Threats encountered by their peers during routine operations;
- Types of errors committed; and
- How crews managed the identified threats and errors in order to safety carry out their duties.
Observing crews manage threats and errors offers excellent insights into training and organizational culture.
LOSA Training Courses
LOSA training courses are designed to enable operators implement their own LOSA program.
- Introduction to LOSA programs
- Importance of LOSA
- Management & Employee LOSA Involvement
- When Should You Conduct LOSA
- LOSA Implementation and Best Practices
- Using LOSA Data
- Scheduling LOSA Timelines
- Threat and Error Management (TEM)
- TEM Practice Scenarios
- LOSA Database Development and Management
- Data Cleaning/Verification
- Data Analysis
- Report Writing
- Next Steps - Acting on LOSA Results
Photo by Natinal Nuclear Security Administration, Flickr
Image credit: WIKIMEDIA COMMONS